Ways to protect your Gmail account: Gmail is the most used Web mailing Services provided by Google.If you are willing to have a google account, Sign up Gmail here. There are many hackers always trying to hack Gmail account. Here are some simple tips to secure your Gmail account:
- Strong password- if you want to protect your Gmail account first thing you have to do is set a password which is strong and long. You don’t have to use simple alphabet but you should also incorporate symbols in your password. By using different kind of symbols password will become hard to crack. Do not use any words in the password that can be found in the dictionary. You are also advised not to use the same Gmail password for any other account. You should also change your password once in two-three months.
- Setup 2 Step Verification : Gmail Two-step verification adds two type of security layer to save your account. It means you have to sign in with two things first your password and second something you have a code sent to your mobile number. By this method, your account becomes more secure.
- Keep your system up to date- by keeping your system up to date you will have to update your phone number and other recovery details update. By keeping this you can recover your emails anytime and in a situation without having any trouble. Up to date system will also protect you from viruses and malware.
- Secondary email address: you should always have a secondary email address which is active. In case if someone hack your Gmail account you can recover your important mails and drafts through this recovery email id. If you forget your password Google will send your password to this email id so you are advised to enter some active id.
- Enable https security: you are advised to use your Gmail account in a secure connection. A secure connection is denoted by HTTP before any URL address. This setting is done by changing your phone setting by going to settings>general>browser connection. You should always use VPN to login. Hotspot shield protects and encrypts your wireless connections. If you leave your https service disabled, you are making it easier for hackers to find ways to hack your account.
Secure Gmail Account:
- Revoke Unauthorized Access: Gmail users do not realize that in order to use different apps they are giving permission to various apps to access their Gmail account. By giving this permission hackers can try to install the app in your Gmail account through various sources like Gmail. So you need to skip this page and try to revoke any unauthorized access.
- Strong and Unique Security Question: you should always set your security question unique and not easy to guess. The question can be anything which only you know. Simple and easy questions can be easy to crack and a hacker can easily harm your Gmail id. All the websites advised you to set a strong password but fail to inform you that strong security question is also very important. Because this is the easiest way by which hackers hack your Gmail account. So you should select some tricky question with some unique answer.
- Stay Away From Spam Messages: try to stay away from the spam or phishing emails and links. Most spam include the subject lines like you have won some prize, your money is waiting etc. you should avoid opening these links to protect your Gmail account. Learn to ignore spam. Google does a great job of spam filtering. So you should leave the spam messages alone. Your email will be fine and secure.
Gmail Security tips:
- Incognito Feature: when you are using your Gmail account in any public area as in hotels or in any cafe you should always use in incognito feature so that your web history and cookies are not being stored. If you fail to do this you should always delete all the cookies and web history when you log out.
- Track Gmail Account Activity: one of the easiest way to find out any suspicious activity in your account is to track your account activity and history. If you regularly see your Gmail log in sessions and location, you will get to know any unauthorized log in session .and after this you should immediately change your Gmail account password.
Examine and understand all these 10 points related to Gmail security. These steps are highly effective to secure your Gmail account. By taking these steps you have greatly improved security your Gmail account and reduced the risk of being hacked